Why is the world suddenly adopting the “eat less meat” mantra? Why do James Cameron and Arnold Schwarzenegger suddenly come out on video about the China initiative to reduce meat consumption by 50%?
- meat and dairy production have grown 4-fold in the past 10 years
- meat and dairy consumption has quadrupled in the past 10 years
- meat has plenty of vitamins and minerals but also contributes to body inflammation.
- meat is more likely to contain carcinogens, hormones, and antibiotics that contribute to cancer and other illnesses
- meat and dairy production are the second largest producers of the greenhouse gas problem
Nobody is asking for us to go vegetarian or vegan, but they are asking us to consider a plate mostly plants to not only ensure our longevity but to also cure the greenhouse problem and save our planet.